There are two ways to export looks from a Silverstack project. It is possible to export AMFs, CDLs, and 3D LUTs from selected clips in the library or from the Silverstack Look Library. To learn more about the Silverstack Look Library, please refer to the article The Silverstack Look Library.
Looks from Clips
The export option “Looks from Clips” can be accessed from the “Export” button in the toolbar or via File -> Export -> Looks from Clips. As soon as one or multiple clips in the library are selected both options will point to a save dialog to choose from different formats for the export:
You can choose between three categories to export your look:
- LUTs for Software
- LUTs for Devices
- ACES Metadata File (.amf for Grading Mode “ACES CDL” )
- ACES Metadata File + CLF [combo] (.amf + .clf for Grading Mode “ACES CDL Advanced”)
- ASC-CDL (.cdl, for all grading modes where possible)
- ASC-CDL + 3D LUT [combo] (.cdl + .cube file)
- Pomfort Look Exchange Format (.pfl, for Look Exchange with LiveGrade Pro)
- Alexa Look (.xml, for ARRI Alexa compatible look export)
- Amira Look (.aml, for ARRI Amira compatible look export)
LUTs for Software include:
- Pomfort LiveGrade (33x33x33, RGB order, .cube file)
- Pomfort Silverstack (33x33x33, RGB order, .cube file)
- Adobe Speedgrade (32x32x32 3D LUT, .cube file)
- Assimilate Scratch (32x32x32 .3dl file)
- Autodesk Lustre (33x33x33 .lut file)
- Colorfront OSD (17x17x17 .3dmesh file)
- Convergent Design Odyssey (17x17x17 .cdlut file)
- DaVinci Resolve (33x33x33 3D LUT, .dat file)
- DigitalVision Nucoda (17x17x17 .cms file)
- Filmlight Baselight (32x32x32 .cube file)
- REDCINE X PRO (33x33x33, rgb order .cube file)
LUTs for Devices include:
- BlackmagicDesign HDLink Legal to Legal (17x17x17 .cube file)
- BlackmagicDesign HDLink Extended to Extended (17x17x17 .cube file)
- AJA Lut box (17x17x17 .cube file)
- Panasonic Varicam (17x17x17, rgb order .vlt file)
- Teranex Mini (. cube file)
Choose the desired look format, a naming scheme, and the intended directory, and hit “Save.” You can then use the exported look in the intended destination software or device.
NOTE: If you decide to export looks as AMFs (ACES Metadata File), you can create an ALE that references the clips to the exported AMFs.
Looks from the Look Library
To export the desired information, choose one or more looks at in the Silverstack Look Library. Perform a secondary click (right-click) on one of the selected looks, and from the context menu, choose “Export selected Looks”:
The export window described in the section above (“Looks from Clips”) is opened to select the name, file type, and naming scheme for the exported looks.
Exporting Look Archives from Silverstack
You can export complete folders with looks directly from the Silverstack Look Library into a Look Archive (.pfla). To do that select one or multiple folders from the Silverstack Look Library. Then, perform a secondary click (right click) and select “Export selected Folders as Look Archive” from the context menu:
In the following wizard, select the directory you want to save to and click “Save”. The .pfla file will then be available for further use from that directory.
To learn how to import a Look Archive please refer to the article Importing Looks (from LiveGrade).