For transferring metadata captured in ZoeLog to Silverstack, a CSV can be exported from the ZoeLog app, imported into Silverstack, and matched to clips in the Silverstack library.
Import a CSV File from ZoeLog into Silverstack
First, select the folder or bin in the library that you want to import metadata for. Then, select the option “ZoeLog CSV…” in the “Import” menu in the toolbar:
A file selection dialogue appears. Select the CSV file exported from ZoeLog and click “Open”.
These options can be combined to match the events from the CSV to the clips in the library:
- by Timecode matches the “timecode” column from the CSV with the timecode of the clip in the Silverstack library. If there are multiple timecode entries in the CSV, all entries are used for matching with the timecode of a clip.
- by Camera looks for a match between the “camera” column in the CSV and “camera” in the Silverstack library.
- by Creation Date (Time of Day) matches the “Origin Date” column in the CSV with the “Shooting/Recording Date” of the clips in the Silverstack library refined by these options:
- Date&Time with tolerance: You can adjust a slider to set the desired tolerance for the matching by Creation Date.
- Timezone offset of camera: You can set an offset up to 23hours to compensate time offsets between the CSV and the clip metadata for the matching by Creation Date.
- Date only: Matches the clips by the date only and neglects the time part of the timestamp.
The matches are displayed in the table of clips with a blue checkbox. The left side shows the Silverstack library clip name event and the right side the event from the Set Report csv.
As soon as you obtained a proper matching, click “Continue”.
Metadata Import Options & Mapping
Import Section: In this step you can select or unselect the metadata that should be imported from the CSV to the Silverstack library.
Insert/Update Behavior: Choose if you only want to insert new metadata if a field is empty or you want to force an overwrite.
The following import sections are available:
- Slate Info
- Notes and Descriptions
- Camera Settings
- Lens and Filter
- Custom Fields
Rename any custom field in the user preferences to “Description”, “Lens Height”, “Lens Type”, “LUT” and “Aspect Ratio” in the preferences in order to map these fields with the corresponding values.
This is the list of importable metadata from the CSV and to which fields it maps in the Silverstack library (sorted by Silvertack metadata section):
|Roll||Reel||Reel / Tape|
|Color Temp||Camera Settings||White Balance|
|Shutter||Camera Settings||Shutter Angle|
|Tilt||Camera Settings||Camera Orientation|
|Lens||Lens and Filter||Lens Model|
|Stop||Lens and Filter||T-Stop|
|Filters||Lens and Filter||Filter|
|Focus||Lens and Filter||Focus Distance|
|Lens Height||Custom Fields||Custom|
|Lens Type||Custom Fields||Custom|
|Aspect Ratio||Custom Fields||Custom|