Silverstack enables you to manage looks within Silverstack in a look library in order to keep a proper overview of all the looks in your project. The look library allows to store new looks, edit their metadata, apply looks to one or multiple clips, as well as to import looks from Livegrade.
The Look Tab
The look tab in the right bar of Silverstack is marked with a specific icon:
Click the icon to reach the look tab. The tab itself consists of three sections:
- Look Library
- Look Details
In detail those sections enable you to:
- Create new folders by clicking the “+” button on the top right
- Create sub folders by holding “alt” plus clicking the “+” button
- Edit the structure by dragging folders out of or into each other
- Rename folders by selecting and single clicking them or hitting enter
- Create a new look by clicking the “+” button on the top right
- Update a look by selecting one and clicking the update button next to the “+” button
- Preview a look by selecting it and clicking plus holding the loupe icon
- Apply a look to the current clip in the player by double-clicking the intended look
- Apply looks to multiple clips by selecting the desired clips and double clicking the intended look
- Move one or multiple Looks to other folders by dragging and dropping it to a different Looks folder in the Look Library*
The context menu for looks can be reached by right clicking a look. It enables you to:
- Apply a look to the selected clips (one or multiple clips)
- Apply a look only to the current clip shown in the player (even if multiple clips are selected)
- Update the look with the current grade
- Set a new thumbnail from the current clip but leaving the look identical
- Delete one or multiple looks.
To learn how to use the Silverstack grading controls please refer to the article Grading Controls in Silverstack.
When importing looks from Livegrade, the information fields in the Look Details receive the values from the look edited in Livegrade. In the Look Details it is possible to:
- Edit the look name
- Edit metadata of the look including Date, Camera, Episode, Shot,Take and Reel Name
- Display Start and End Timecode
Importing and Exporting Looks
You can import a look from Livegrade by selecting “File>Import>Pomfort Looks (pfl)…” from the main menu. You can learn about the process of transferring looks from Livegrade to Silverstack in the article Importing Looks (from Livegrade).
Read about exporting looks from Silverstack in the article Exporting Looks from Silverstack.
Look Functions in the Main Menu
You can find most of the functions concerning the Look Library in the Main Menu. Go to “Main Menu>Look” and choose from the following actions:
- Create a new look
- Update a selected look
- Set the thumbnail from the current clip
- Duplicate Look
- Create a new look folder
- Apply a look to all selected clips
- Apply a look only to the current clip
- Switch to the previous look node (useful for working with grading panels in more advanced grading modes)
- Switch to the next look node (useful for working with grading panels in more advanced grading modes)
- Refreshing hardware panels
Please refer to the shortcuts at the end of the entries for faster access of the functions.
* Please be aware that you have to click and hold the selected look(s) to see the transparent thumbnails pop out to enable the drag & drop function. Trying to move a look while immediately pulling it will leave you with the multi select function of the collection view.