In the Silverstack library you find an element called “Smart Folders” below the camera rolls section. Smart folders provide the opportunity to filter all your clips for certain metadata information. Using smart folders you can find clips with a certain attribute in the dedicated project very easily.
The default smart folders filter the library for clips without backups, with a high rating, a flagging or clips that are registered today.
Create a new Smart Folder
You can create Smart Folders with an individually set filter in the “Add” wizard menu in the bottom left corner of your Silverstack window. By creating a new Smart Folder the panel you can see in figure 2 will appear.
Name the folder and set the rules by which the Smart Folder will add video clips. You do this by applying filters which you can add and delete by the “+” and “-” buttons (figure 1 #1). For each filter you can choose the kind of metadata information (figure 1 #2), a filter mode (figure 1 #3) and enter specified information (figure 1 #4) for which the video clips will be filtered. Additionally you can decide if any, all or none (figure 1 #5) of this filtering criteria have to be fulfilled by a clip which then will be added to this Smart Folder .
For the below mentioned attributes you have to type characters into the text field (figure 1 #4) to get a result. If you leave the text field empty, no video clips will be filtered out – even if the according attribute field of video clips may be empty.
- Clip Name
- Reel Name
- File Type
- Look Name
- Bin Name
If you want to filter clips for a date, you can select: today, yesterday, one week ago or any specific date.
- Registration Date
- Shooting Date
For the below listed attributes you have to enter a number in the text field (figure 1 #4) for getting a result. If you leave the text field empty, there will be no video clips filtered – even if the according attribute-field of some clips is empty.
- Number of Frames
- Pixel Width
- Pixel Height
- Number of File Representations
- Number of Cue Points
- Frames per Second
- Sensor Fps
- Fps of TC
- In/ Out
- In Point
- Out Point
- Flag: You can choose between flagged/ not flagged
- Label: You can choose any of the provided labels.
- Colorspace: With the colorspace attribute you can filter video clips which are recorded in the Rec.709, LogC (with or without Film Style Matrix), Dci P3, Cinestyle, SLog
- Volume Name: all the clips with a copy/backup in the specified volume or volumes will be shown in the smart folder.
- Besides creating a new smart folder you can edit existing ones by right-clicking on the relevant smart folder and choosing “Edit…” from the drop-down menu.
- A nice feature is furthermore the possibility to create a new bin that contains the video clips which are included in the current smart folder. Therefore right-click on the relevant smart folder and choose “New Bin from Smart Folder”.