Silverstack allows to enable an automatic backup of its library in the “Backups” tab of the application preferences.
- Select how many last regular backups should be stored
- Available backup types:
- regular: Automatic Backup
- manual: Manual Backup (created with button “+”)
- pre restore: Created automatically before a restore is triggered
Restore a Library Backup
There are situations where your system is not capable any more of correctly saving the latest changes to the Silverstack library database.
This is usually related to a more general system problem. When this case occurs the Silverstack library can become corrupted and Silverstack helps you to restore the latest available backup:
If you should have any issues in the process of restoring a library backup please get in touch with email@example.com .
We always recommend to keep a Time Machine backup of your system disk, so you can also always access older backups.
How to Manually Restore a Silverstack Library Backup
The following example is for Silverstack Lab version 7:
1. Quit Silverstack Lab and launch a Finder window.
2. The Library folder is hidden by default. You can open the Library folder in Finder when opening the “Go” menu and holding the “alt” key. You will see an extra entry “Library” in the “Go” menu. Choose this entry and a Finder window will open with the Library folder.
3. Navigate to
4. Locate the latest library backup file and unzip it.
5. Re-name the extracted file to
6. Replace the existing
~/Library/Application Support/Pomfort/Silverstack7 with the backup you just renamed. We highly recommend to keep the original .psdb file.