The Reeltime Cinema app can open multiple independent windows in visionOS’s window system. Each window acts as one virtual monitor. The virtual monitor features a slight spatial appearance with a stylized black monitor border around the actual screen canvas. From the back, the appearance of the window is different; only a glass-textured surface is shown.
A monitor window can have a metadata bar above the screen that shows information about the current stream, such as slate information and timecode.
Note: In Reeltime Pro, you can configure one stream to show a side-by-side or grid view of videos, so one monitor window can show either one camera image or multiple images at once, depending on the configuration in Reeltime Pro.
Monitor screen panel
When you look at the screen and pinch, the monitor screen panel will appear.
In the monitor screen panel, you can
- select a different source stream for that monitor window in the source selection panel by tapping the source row showing the current source,
- open the monitor options panel by tapping the ellipsis button and
- open a new monitor window by tapping the “new window” button on the right of the panel.
You can open the server dialog by tapping the “Configure Servers” button in the source selection panel available by tapping on the source row.
When the monitor screen panel is shown, there is also an arrow button shown in the top-left corner of the window that lets you navigate into the immersive cinema for the current stream.
Monitor options panel
The monitor option panel opens when you click on the ellipsis button in the monitor screen panel.
You have the following options:
- Show Stream Info: Enable and disable the metadata bar above the virtual monitor.
- Swipe on Screen: Enable swiping on screen. By swiping (pinch and drag left and right) directly on the screen of a monitor window, you can quickly change the source stream.
- Dim Surrounding: When this option is switched on, the surroundings will be dimmed when the Reeltime Cinema app is in the foreground. This can help reduce distraction and improve focus.
The panels on the monitor windows fade away automatically after a specific time of inactivity. You can also tap on the screen to make any panel disappear immediately.
You can navigate back to the monitor screen panel from the other panels by tapping the “<” button in the top row of the panels.
See visionOS tipps for Reeltime Cinema for tips on how to further interact with the window, such as resizing and positioning.