Communicate your created looks by simply exporting them as common JPGs for visual reference or as ASC-CDL files for usage in further production steps.
The export process can be started directly from the grading view, as shown in figure 1. Tap on «Export» to start the export process. This way, you will be able to export the current image and look.
There are different ways to export a still image with the look:
- Graded Image: saves a still JPEG image with the look applied.
- Look as ASC-CDL: this option saves a .cdl file with the values of the color controls, according to the ASC-CDL standard. The Log to Rec.709 LUT is not included.
- Look as 3D-LUT: the look is exported as a 3D-LUT containing both the CDL values and the Log to Rec.709 LUT, all in a single file for post production convenience. This option is available as an in-app purchase.
- LiveGrade Air Package: this option exports a .lgapkg file that can be shared with other LiveGrade Air users. Once imported in another iOS device, LiveGrade Air will automatically load the still image and the look CDL values, as well as the used LUT preset.
After the selection of the export option, the file can be saved to different destinations, as shown in figure 3.
Depending on your setup, these are the options available to share your looks:
- Save to a Dropbox folder (if the app is installed)
Exporting multiple stills
It is also possible to export multiple still images and looks simultaneously from the Library panel. Simply select the images you want to export and tap on the «Export» icon as shown in figure 4. Then follow the process as described above for a single still.