LiveGrade doesn’t start
In case that LiveGrade doesn’t launch on your computer, you can reset the preferences for a clean restart.
This is the process to deleting LiveGrade’s preferences:
- Quit LiveGrade
- Create a copy/backup of the following file (optional)
The Library folder is hidden by default. You can open the Library folder in Finder when opening the “Go” menu and holding the “alt” key. You will see an extra entry “Library” in the “Go” menu. Choose this entry and a Finder window will open with the Library folder.
- Open up the Terminal application (type terminal in your spotlight or navigate within the Utilities folder of your application folder)
- Type the following command in your terminal window
defaults delete com.pomfort.LiveGrade3
- Start LiveGrade, now LiveGrade should start as usual.
If you still experience issues, then maybe LiveGrade’s library is corrupted. The article Reset LiveGrade’s Library and Preferences explains how to create a new library in addition to the preferences reset.
If you have differing problems see the complete Troubleshooting section for more help articles (like e.g. Troubleshooting HDLink Devices in LiveGrade). If the problems persist, please contact our support team.
LiveGrade hangs or crashes repeatedly
In the rare case that LiveGrade hangs or crashes repeatedly, you can send automatically created reports to our support. You can do this by:
- Choosing “Contact Support” in the “Help” menu of LiveGrade.
- Enter your personal information (name and email) so that we can get back to you.
- Enter a short description:
- What steps do you perform in the software that lead to the problem,
- what happens, when you perform these steps, and
- what you would expect the software to do instead.
In addition to your message, the form will include crash reports, log files and system information that will help our support to trace possible bugs.
Please note: The documentation is currently in transition from LiveGrade Pro version 3 to version 4 and may not be up to date yet.