Tangent Wave panel
LiveGrade allows you to connect hardware grading panels, including the Tangent Wave, to precisely and physically manipulate your grades. The Tangent Wave offers a variety of controls, ranging from Color Balls, Command Keys to Precision Knobs. The controls utilized by LiveGrade are depicted below.
- The Precision Knobs each manipulate one specific aspect of your grade, such as ‘Saturation’ or ‘Midtones Red’.
- The Page Buttons allow you to cycle through different configurations of the Precision Knobs. Depending on the page, the knobs control different aspects of your grade.
- The Status Display shows the meaning and value of multiple controls. It is split into two lines and nine columns. The first line displays the meaning and value of the respective Precision Knob above, such as ‘Saturation’ of ‘Mid R’, standing for ‘Midtones Red’. The second line displays the meaning of the respective command button below.
- The Command Keys perform the following commands from left to right: New Grade, Update Grade, Apply Selected Grade, Bypass Color, Show Original Signal, Enable False Color and Set To Neutral.
- The Color Balls manipulate the Hue and Staturation values of their respective color ranges.
- The Color Wheels manipulate the Level value of their respective color range.
- The Wheel/Ball Reset buttons reset the values of the Wheel/Ball right next to it.
Connecting the Tangent Wave panel
Please follow these steps to get LiveGrade up and running with your Tangent Wave panel:
- Start the LiveGrade software
- Connect the Tangent Wave panel to your Mac
- Wait until the Artist Color panel is recognized, indicated by a blue glow at the lower left of the main window. (see below)
- You are ready to grade!
Preferences for your Tangent Wave Device
Please note: The documentation is currently in transition from LiveGrade Pro version 3 to version 4 and may not be up to date yet.