Livegrade has two False Color modes, which show areas of a certain brightness with different colors. These modes are called «Ranges» and «Gradient». To switch between both False Color modes, users have to modify Livegrade’s preferences as shown in figure 1:
With the Ranges mode, Livegrade displays four different colors:
- Blue: Colors near black clipping
- Green: Colors around 18% medium grey
- Pink: Colors around one stop over 18% medium grey (Caucasian skin)
- Yellow: Colors near white clipping
- All other areas are shown in black and white for better perception of the highlighted areas.
The Gradient mode shows a continuous range of video brightness levels from 0 to 100 IRE. The range starts from blue for clipped shadows (0 IRE) to white for clipped highlights (100 IRE).
An example can be found in Figure 2:
You can enable the false color mode in the bottom bar of the Livegrade main window: