The library in LiveGrade can contain these kinds of items:
- Looks: these contain a color grade that can be exported
- Clips: movie recordings with metadata and a look applied.
- Stills: still images with a look applied.
The icon in the “Type” column will help you differentiate them:
Additionally every Type can have a chain icon overlay that symbolizes a Linked Look (e.g. a Still with a Linked Look):
Read more about Linked Looks in the article Linked Looks.
Adding items to the clip library
There are different ways to add an item to the library in LiveGrade. The create buttons behave differently depending on the current mode:
- Slots mode:
- «New Look» to create only a new grade with metadata
- «Record» to start recording a new movie
- «Framegrab» when a video live signal source is attached to store a frame
- Clip mode:
- «New Still» will duplicate the metadata of the current clip while adding a new still image. Can be used to create a new look with the same source image.
- «New movie» duplicates the video and metadata of the currently selected clip
Importing images from files
Additionally, you can import images from .JPEG, .TIFF and .DPX files. Still frames can also be imported from .MOV files. This way you can use them to create looks on your computer display or as a reference to compare against the live video signal.
To import an image into the Library, select File>Import Image…
- Force Color Profile
It is possible to enable/disable the forcing of the color profile to Rec.709 of the loaded images. This setting tells LiveGrade not to use the embedded color profile of the imported images and use Rec.709 instead. You can modify this setting in Preferences>Advanced.
Metadata quick entry panel
When creating a new look, still or clip LiveGrade launches the Quick Entry Panel, which is fully controllable by keyboard shortcuts, e.g. tab for switching between fields and arrow up and down for incrementing and decrementing values. You can add the information of the item at this point:
On the other hand, there is also a metadata entry panel when recording clips from a live video signal:
Please note: The documentation is currently in transition from LiveGrade Pro version 3 to version 4 and may not be up to date yet.