LiveGrade offers multiple options when it’s time to export your looks to be used in post. They can be exported as a 3D LUT, as an ASC-CDL file or a camera format like ALEXA Look and AMIRA Look. Additionally Pomfort offers two formats to transport grading information between LiveGrade and Silverstack: Pomfort Looks and Pomfort Look Archives. Each one of all these formats has its own characteristics.
Exporting a Look from LiveGrade
To export a look from the LiveGrade library perform the following steps:
1. Select one or multiple looks from the library:
2. Go to the Main Menu. Choose “File>Save selected Looks as” to export the selected looks (you can also use Shift+Command+S as keyboard shortcut):
You can also select “File>Save current Look as” to only export the look that is currently applied.
3. In the export wizard you will then be able to select the desired format for your export:
You can export to:
- 3D LUTs for Software: includes the CDL values and the Log to Rec.709 conversion LUT when created on the CDL Grade mode. If it has been created on the ACES mode, it has the IDT and ODT embedded in addition to the CDL values. Multiple export formats are available, which are described below.
- Pomfort LiveGrade (33x33x33, RGB order, .cube file)
- Pomfort Silverstack (33x33x33, RGB order, .cube file)
- Adobe Speedgrade (32x32x32 3D LUT, .cube file)
- Assimilate Scratch (32x32x32 .3dl file)
- Autodesk Lustre (33x33x33 .lut file)
- Colorfront OSD (17x17x17 .3dmesh file)
- Convergent Design Odyssey (17x17x17 .cdlut file)
- DaVinci Resolve (33x33x33 3D LUT, .dat file)
- DigitalVision Nucoda (17x17x17 .cms file)
- Filmlight Baselight (32x32x32 .cube file)
- REDCINE X PRO (33x33x33, rgb order .cube file)
- 3D LUTs for Devices: includes the CDL values and the Log to Rec.709 conversion LUT when created on the CDL Grade mode. If it has been created on the ACES mode, it has the IDT and ODT embedded in addition to the CDL values. Multiple export formats are available, which are described below.
- BlackmagicDesign HDLink Legal to Legal (17x17x17 .cube file)
- BlackmagicDesign HDLink Extended to Extended (17x17x17 .cube file)
- AJA Lut box (17x17x17 .cube file)
- Panasonic Varicam (17x17x17, rgb order .vlt file)
- Teranex Mini (33x33x33, rgb order, with float values RGB full range, .cube file)
- Pomfort Look Exchange Format (*.pfl): It creates a .pfl file that can be used to transport looks to another LiveGrade or Silverstack instance. You can learn about transporting looks from LiveGrade to Silverstack in the article Transferring Looks from LiveGrade Pro to Silverstack.
- ASC-CDL: it creates a .cdl file containing the color values as specified by the ASC-CDL standard. It does not include the Log to Rec.709 conversion LUT.
If you select the according grading modes the export options will also include:
- ALEXA Look: a .xml file that can be loaded on ARRI ALEXA cameras or used in post production tools. It includes the standard LogC to Rec.709 conversion LUT and the color values used on the ALEXA Look mode.
- AMIRA Look: an .aml look is created, which can be loaded on ARRI AMIRA cameras. It can be saved from grade created on the CDL Grade mode. It includes the cdl values and a neutral LUT. A custom LUT is included instead if a different one than the AMIRA LUT is used or the 1d LUT filter is modified.
4. Choose your desired destination on your hard-drive and hit “Save”. For more information about using naming schemes, please take a look at the article Using automatic naming schemes when exporting grades.
5. You can also export the still images associated with a certain look. Simply mark the check box on the export dialogue:
Export a LUT Package of the Selected Look
With this option, you can export a look to every available 3D LUT format. Just select the grades you have to export and then click on File>Export a LUT package of the selected Grade. Finally choose the save destination and a naming scheme (more information on Using automatic naming schemes when exporting grades). LiveGrade will create a folder with all the LUT formats of that grade.
Custom grading modes limitations
When using the Advanced grading modes available in LiveGrade Pro, some looks will have limitations regarding the available export formats:
Exporting a Look Archive from LiveGrade
A Look Archive can contain one or multiple looks along with all the further metadata acquired in LiveGrade Pro.
To export a Look Archive put all the desired looks into one folder in the LiveGrade Look Library. Perform a right click on that folder and choose “Export Look Archive” from the context menu:
Save the resulting .pfla (Pomfort Look Archive) file to the desired destination.
Importing a Look Archive into LiveGrade
To import a Look Archive into LiveGrade go to the Main Menu. Choose “File > Import Look Archive” and select the desired look archive from the Finder. The look archive will be imported as a folder in the LiveGrade look library.
You can learn how to handle look archives with Silverstack from the article Transferring Looks from LiveGrade Pro to Silverstack.
Please note: The documentation is currently in transition from LiveGrade Pro version 3 to version 4 and may not be up to date yet.